Search This Blog

4.06.2010

Working my way back...

Last post - July of 2009 - it seems ions ago that I paid attention to my art, my blogs and self purpose. due to a heavily demanding corporate job, fallen economy and bills to be paid, i clung to what the world said would save me. now i see in the long run it DOES NOT save at all. i learned that corporations care for no one, nor their unique personalities or talents. these said companies simply chew you up and spit you out. including the people beneath them. selling wares. goods not even made in America, all from china and third world countries, pre-made things that don't last. what i really needed was a time out to think through what is real and important in this life. needless to say that time came just in the nick of time december 15th, 2009.

i was blessed with a needed surgery, which took me out of the workforce for 4 months. though the surgery took it's own recovery time to heal, the biggest healing needed was within myself. i needed to regain a real sense of integrity, personal value. this time sent me back to my innermost faith beliefs. now i understand that money, earning a living and consumerism is not healthy in the way it is now. it's a world where the push to have this and that or you won't be happy, accepted or even worthy of having a high credit score - who are those people anyway? so what is their bottom line - it's greed and money and power over the people. i had to ask myself, what happened to handcrafted goods, jewelry, art, clothes etc?

I can only see that mass production made those things unaffordable! yet what if there were no stores? what if we had to sew our own clothes, grow our own food and actually cook dinners with what we had on hand?

i believe society is out of touch with using our own unique mind, soul and body to create our happiness. we are required to rely on jobs, stores and things to fill the need in our heart to exist. rarely are we asked to find our bent toward gifts/talents/skills within and utilize those to make a living and become self-reliant. it's a dangerous place to be when our personal unique being is pressed to conform to government and society standards

during the time of my recovery, transformational changes took place. i learned that i loved to cook meals, clean house and make things by hand. i read books, wrote letters to friends and family. yes, real letters with pen and ink, sealed with wax and postage stamp. i began to look at the world again with an artful eye.
my husband set up a real, cozy studio full of all the works, supplies and things that made me artist. it was a gift of his heart and love to me. as i went through all these things: papers, photos, finished and unfinished paintings, watercolor pans, calligraphy pens, brushes and all, it showed me where i belong. creating things from my imagination, with my own hands (not just computer generated) got me back in touch with me. i’ve actually painted 5 paintings and generated one new zazzle site!

in this time away from corporate work, i reconnected to my spiritual side to the God who created me in His image. i never really left, it was left on a back burner, gently reminding me to stir on occasion. Now it’s got my full intention. i haven't felt this whole and satisfied in 9 years. it’s been a long journey away from the original intent of my life and not so easy to get back in touch with the strong creative, resourcefully unique soul whom i am. Once again I am dedicated to live my life as artist.

i ask that you join me in the journey toward being true to yourself, to share with me a stand for the arts, handcrafts and self reliance that is God given since the beginning of time. tell me your thoughts about this blog. then share it with other artists as well as those who appreciate the arts.

No comments: