Search This Blog

10.15.2013

Pinterest: Things to Paint


Anyone like Pinterest? Anyone a serious pinner, delighting in all your collections safely stored into organized (or not!) folders? How you carefully select each pin according to your taste and standards, knowing that each recipe, self help tip, craft or sewing project or inspirational quote will actually be used?
Someday. Perhaps, well maybe...

After carefully pinning things for last several months, I built folders like:

  • Things to paint
  • Quotes to calligraphy or make into graphics
  • Things to do around the house
  • Recipes to make
  • Inspirational art/travel photos to draw/paint or dream about
I suddenly realized a two-fold action happening, in fact a dichotomy of purpose of my Pinterest pinnings. While collecting, gathering and sorting into categories,  I felt quite pleased that I could "Shop" without spending a dime or cluttering up my house with stuff that clearly doesn't fit anymore. It dawned on me while adding one more image to the "things to paint" that I hadn't painted a single image. None. Nothing, nada. 

I sensed a God moment telling me that it's OK to find inspiration, wonderful ideas, storing them for future reference and purpose. YET...when would I start with just one work of art. SO I did it, I began the work. I drew four different sketches from my folder, painting each one as an exercise of art.









I remain yours truly, forever learning the spirit of creativity -- Rasama
~~
I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.
Exodus 31:2-3

No comments: