Search This Blog

2.22.2013

Quietly sneaking back


I'm returning to my blogs and writing. Let 's see last post was in 2010 about stains in the carpet and how to remove them. Since that date much has changed in the life of this artist/wife/mother/manager/friend/daughter.
The short journey from then to now is best described as a long walk through a rather dark and ominous tunnel towards an unforeseeable light at times.

For 10 years I worked out of necessity in a field outside my creative realm. I cannot say the years were wasted due to the tremendous training, valuable business experiences and monetary benefits, not to mention travel to places like the Bahamas, Cozumel in Mexico, Maui and Madrid.

Those corporate life years gave me life long new friendships and skill sets no university can teach or give. Then in 2008 I decided something was missing. I didin't like who I had become: hardened, overworked and stressed beyond a capacity to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  I had put art into a small space both in my home as well the back of mind was much like the cutting off the most essential part of me. In 2010 I departed from work in the fast lane, thinking I could finally get back a creativity, productive art life. That lofty aspiration didn't work as planned. Apparently my artist self left for reasons unbeknownst to me.

So here I sit writing in blogs I feared would languish in the "blog-land graveyard." I am back and a new creation myself. Persephone has returned.

This blog lives, needs attention and readers. There is so much more to come!

References:
Image retrieved from: http://www.what-is-depression.org/physical-symptoms-of-depression/


Persephone |pərˈsefənē| Greek Mythology a goddess, the daughter of Zeus and Demeter. Roman name Proserpina .
She was carried off by Hades and made queen of the underworld. Demeter, vainly seeking her, refused to let the earth produce its fruits until her daughter was restored to her, but because Persephone had eaten some pomegranate seeds in the other world, she was obliged to spend part of every year there. Her story symbolizes the return of spring and the life and growth of grain.

~~~~~~~~~
I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.
Exodus 31:2-3


No comments: